Saturday we boarded a plane at 8:30 am, and arrived at Long Beach Airport around 9:30. I love getting that extra hour back when traveling further West. We spent that day shopping in "the alley" in Los Angeles. This is where they have the most amazing knock-off purses and clothes. We got some really good finds...probably spent WAY too much money. In fact I had to buy an extra travel bag to carry all my goodies. The second day we headed to Disneyland for day 1 of our park-hoppers.
Day 2 began with us getting in line for CA Adventure at 9:15 - the park opens at 10. We got into line that early because there is a new ride which opened 13 days prior - Toy Story the ride. This ride had a line of and hour and a half all day the day before. Apparently, a lot of people had the same idea as us, so there was a mad rush to the ride (at the VERY back of the park) when the gates opened. We only had to wait in line for about 15 minutes, and the ride was AWESOME. It is a 3D ride, where you get to shoot at things, and get a score at the end - you know I love a good competition. Kind of like Buzz Lightyear on crack... Anyway, after the ride we went and ate breakfast and had a more mellow day. The parks were a lot busier on the 2nd day. This was my actual birthday, so I got to wear a "Happy Birthday" Disney pin with my name on it. Every 5 minutes a castmember would wish me a happy birthday - so much fun.
Yesterday morning we got up and headed out for a day at Irvine Spectrum and South Coast Plaza and a quick stop at Trader Joe's (my first time there). A few of our favorite places from growing up in So Cal. At Irvine Spectrum we ate at Wahoo's (my absolute favorite) and got some amazing yogurt from Pinkberry - oh my goodness, when will they bring one to utah? We did a little more shopping until it was time for our flight and by then we were all ready to get home to our guys. I had so much fun, but I definitely missed Darren more than anything and was so ready to be home with him.
And to end this post - my favorite picture from the trip....


2 comments:
looks like an awesome trip. bummer we didnt get to meet up.
Hi Chelsea! The bedding was actually a gift from my mom. They have something similar at poshtots.com which is where I got the idea I copied for his nursery. Great to hear from you!
Post a Comment