Sunday, February 15, 2009

Holland Jameson Brunner is here!!



Holland Jameson Brunner decided to come early (Yay) and was born at 7:51pm on February 12th, 2009. I went to my 38 week appt that morning and my doctor told me I was dilated almost 5 cm and wanted to monitor me. They stuck me on the fetal monitor for 20 minutes and then came in and told me I was definitely in labor and needed to get to the hospital. I told them ok, but I needed to go home and shave my legs first...I mean I knew how many people would be seeing me in all my glory that day :) I got in the car, called D and headed home. D met me at home and we arrived at the hospital to check in right at noon. I was admitted to L&D. My mom and sister Megan showed up around 1 for the good times. I labored until about 5pm when the doctor came in and told me I was dilated to a 6. The contractions were not strong or hurting at all, but were coming faster. Everyone convinced me to get the epidural now, since I seemed to be dilating so fast and they did not want me to miss my opportunity to get it. We ordered the epidural and within 10 minutes the doctor had come and gone and my legs were getting numb. At 7pm my nurse came in (I loved her by the way) and told me the lady next door had progressed to a 9 and would be pushing soon, so she needed to check me and then I would be getting a new nurse to finish out my labor since she would be delivering the baby next door. She checked me and I was still a 6...even with the help of some pitocin. I was disappointed. Anyway, the nurse came back at 7:15 and told me she would check one more time before leaving, and you guessed it I was COMPLETELY dilated...in 15 minutes. I guess I hate to lose - and ended up having Holland before the lady next store even started pushing (Megan was so proud - and I did not lose my nurse:)). I started pushing at 7:26pm and Holland was here at 7:51pm. They told me I was an amazing pusher for my first time...yay! I did not need an episiotomy, but did get a 2nd degree tear. The tear was clean and straight though and my doctor said it should heal quickly. We are home now, and have just had our first full night watching Holland, so to say I am exhausted would be an understatement. I think she looks exactly like D with his cute chubby cheeks and FULL lips, but with my nose and dark hair. She is absolutely gorgeous...but I am biased. I am so excited to finally by a mommy. I promise to post more pictures soon....

8 comments:

Jeff and Kelly and kids said...

Nice picture...Whoever took that is amazing!!!

Chelsea said...

Yes Kelly - you are amazing. Can't wait for you to take more :)

Bruce and Tiffany and kids said...

I must say I never had any pictures so "amazing" of my kids as new babies. She looks beautiful already and that doesn't happen often in my opinion.

corine said...

oh my gosh congrats. i was so shocked when i checked your blog to see your baby. she is so cute.

courtneyb said...

congratulations chels! glad everything went so well, she's adorable.

Janice said...

She is just Beautiful and I love her name!! Congratulations to you and your hubby!!

Jared and Lauren said...

Hey I found your blog...Congratulations she is adorable!! Good luck with everything

Stephanie Ford said...

Congratulations Chels! She's beautiful!