
She is finally here! Ireland Monroe Brunner arrived 1/4/2011 at 6:05pm, weighing in at 6lbs 8oz and 20 inches long. She has a little bit of dark hair and the normal baby blues. She is a tiny little thing. She reminds me a lot of Holland, but her face is not quite as full.
Getting here her turned into quite the little fiasco. I went into Labor and Delivery on Dec. 30th and 31st with strong contractions. On the 30th, I was dilated to a 4 and was sent home. On the 31st, I was a 5...and still sent home. My normal doctor was out of town, and would not be back until Tuesday 1/4. So I spent the rest of the weekend contracting, but waiting it out...not wanting to be sent home yet again. So, on Tuesday morning I headed in to see my doctor and was dilated to a 5 still with very regular contractions. She sent me right over to L&D to be monitored for an hour. An hour later, I was having contractions 1-2 minutes apart (no pain at all) and had dilated to a 6 and was being admitted. I called Darren, Megan and my Mom and we got the show on the road. I was in my labor room by 130pm and had my epidural by 2. 4 hours later my sweet baby was born after only 5 minutes of pushing. A very easy labor and delivery if you ask me. I was very conflicted on our name choice when I saw her, so she did not officially have a name until about 24 hours later. She was meant to have a completely different name, but these things just have a way of working out. When I was born, I was actually named Leigh for about an hour, before my parents changed it to Chelsea...thank goodness :)
So, we are all home, healthy and happy. H is getting used to her role as big sister. She loves giving Ireland kisses and hugs, and peaking over the edge of her bassinet at her sleeping. I love watching them together, and know it will only get better as the years go by.


2 comments:
She is seriously adorable! You always have the cutest bows for your little girls. I hope you are getting some rest while enjoying your girls!
I've been curious as to how your L&D went down HaHa. I've also been wondering how Holland was adjusting to such a big change.
Other than having to contract for days on end while waiting for your doctor to return, I'm glad your L&D went so well! :) Also glad to hear that Holland is adjusting so well! I'm sure she is going to have so much fun having a little sister!
Can't wait to see what the future holds for your beautiful family! :)
Post a Comment