Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Surprise!





Well since my last post talked about Darren and his knack for surprises I thought I would write about how creative and crafty my husband really is.


The first time Darren really surprised me was when he proposed. We spent the night at my parents house in provo for Christmas morning in 2004. On Christmas in front of everyone he gave me my present. It was a rectangle box. I opened it and inside was a People magazine...I thought odd, maybe he was giving me a subscription. I took the magazine out, and underneath was the ring box. Darren dropped down on one knee and in front of my entire family asked me to marry him. I honestly had no idea this was coming. In our two years together we had talked about marriage occasionally, but that was it. Best decision of my life so far!

The next Christmas another surprise took place. Darren once again gave me my present in a large square box. I opened the box and inside was some horribly long and boring science book. I took the book out of the box and nothing was underneath. I opened the book...and to my surpise Darren had cut out the center of the book and put in the empty space a picture of the treadmill he was giving me. I had been asking for one for a while...so no this was not a hint :)

And the third surprise I can remember vividly...this past Christmas it once again came time for Darren to give me my present. Now Darren has gotten so creative about the way he gives presents to people, that my entire family requests he wait to give anything to anyone until they are all there. It turns into qute the production. This year, he again gave me a square box which had a strange shake to it, like a smaller box was inside. I opened the box to find what? A Garfield Chia pet, I am dead serious. I took out the chia pet, and nothing else was inside the box and the chia pet was sealed. I started to open the chia pet box, thinking this can't be it, when I noticed a corner of the bottom of the box was coming up. Turns out Darren had created a false bottom box, and underneath was my real present....A Disneyland Dream Vacation. That was the ultimate gift. He says he is now worried for Christmas to roll around again and to have to beat that one. I love my husband, as he is one of the most creative, generous and genuine men you will ever meet.

2 comments:

courtneyb said...

hey chels
glad you found my blog and I'm glad you have one :)
I've been thinking about you lately so good to hear from you.
and yes, you would LOVE the shopping here, I just wish besides the prices being so high, the euro didn't cost so much!

weller14 said...

cute cute cute stories about your creative hubby!